St. Johns Middle School
A Message From Our Principal
St. Johns Middle School is a student-centered school for grades four through eight. Our focus is on ensuring all students learn and helping every student acquire knowledge, skills, and dispositions vital to his or her success. We have an outstanding staff at St. Johns Middle School, and we are dedicated to the achievement of our students. At SJMS, our mission is to empower and inspire lifelong learners. We believe in working together to achieve this mission by collaborating with staff, parents, and community members.
St. Johns Middle School earned the coveted school letter grade "A" for a second year in a row! I would like to recognize our hard working students, staff, and parents for this achievement. Go SJMS Redskins!
Mrs. Lara Olsen, SJMS Principal
St. Johns Middle School Vision Statement
At St. Johns Middle School we strive to empower and inspire lifelong learners. We believe student success is achieved through focus on the following principles and beliefs:
- All Students have unique talents, abilities, and needs and are capable of learning.
- Student Expectations: We expect students to be respectful and supportive of others. Furthermore, we expect students to come willing and ready to learn.
- Student learning at SJMS involves coming prepared, growing academically, and being engaged in learning.
- Effective curriculum at SJMS includes a variety of materials and methods with appropriate rigor.
- SJMS teachers have a growth mindset and work towards attainable and continuing goals. SJMS teachers collaborate regularly, which allows for open communication and ongoing learning.
- We understand that when we work together for student success, everyone achieves more, and students are given the opportunity to have endless possibilities for their futures!