PowerSchool for Parents
Find out what’s going on at your child’s school anytime, anywhere! With PowerSchool’s Parent Access you can read announcements, catch up on your students’ class assignments, checkout grades, attendance, and discipline.
How do I start to use Parent Access?
Let your school know you are interested in seeing your child's information online. Once you are properly identified, you will receive a letter containing an access ID and password. Each child will have a separate access ID. You will need to create an account before using Parent Access. You will find instructions for using the Parent Access portal on this website. Your school secretary will be the point of contact for support. The school and central support will handle any issues that require escalation.
Please contact your child's school secretary.
Parent Access will be available for login after the tenth day of each school year and will close five days before the end of the school year. In addition, as the marking period changes from one quarter to another, you can expect to have access to your student's grades for the new quarter five days after the start of the quarter.
Disclaimer: This system is provided as a convenience. Grades and other information provided by this system are not official records and may not be accurate due to human or technical error.
Neither this institution nor Pearson School Systems accepts any responsibility for information provided by this system and/or for any damages resulting from information provided by this system. We will distribute official grades on a nine-week basis on the student’s report card.
By logging in to the parent portal, I confirm that I have read and agree with the parent portal agreement and understand that access is for the instructional support of my child’s education.
Parent Portal Agreement
St. Johns Unified School District is excited to be utilizing one of the features available through our District’s Student Information System called the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The portal provides parents/guardians with the privilege of accessing student information records of their children through a secure Internet connection.
We are providing you with access to your child’s grades and attendance through PowerSchool as another form of communication with teachers and administrators with the goal of supporting your child’s education.
We expect participating parents/guardians to act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner, as well as to abide by and support the following guidelines:
- Keep your username and password confidential. Best practice is not to share your login information with your child, as there is parent/guardian-specific information that should not be available to students. However, please share the grades and attendance data with your child to start a conversation about study habits and learning.
- It is your responsibility to determine which parents or guardians are able to access records. By logging into the parent portal, you acknowledge that you are duly authorized to view the site. Users will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the district system or go beyond their authorized access. This includes attempting to log in through another person’s account or access another person’s files. Inappropriate use may result in cancellation of a user’s privilege.
- Parents/guardians who identify a security problem with the parent portal must notify their school office immediately.
- We will deny access to parents/guardians who are identified as a security risk.
- Parents/guardians should first address any grade concerns in a conversation with his/her child. You can then direct a discussion to the student’s teacher by phone, email, or parent conference.
St. Johns Unified School District reserves the right to monitor, inspect, copy, review, and store at any time, and without prior notice, any and all usage of the parent portal and any and all information transmitted or received in connection with such usage. All such information files shall be and remain the property of the school district.